HRF Weekly Update - Nov 11, 2018
This Sunday, November 11, 2018, Pastor Tony will be preaching from Acts 9:23-31. We encourage you to prepare for corporate worship by reading and praying through the text prior to the message on Sunday.
CORPORATE WORSHIP SONGS
Here are the songs we will be singing together this Sunday.
- Come Behold the Wondrous Mystery
- From the Inside Out
- Crown Him with Many Crowns
- Before the Throne of God Above
NEW CITY CATECHISM #45
Question: Is baptism with water the washing away of sin itself?
Answer: No, only the blood of Christ and the renewal of the Holy Spirit can cleanse us from sin.
Scripture Memory Verse: Luke 3:16
WEEKLY DISCIPLESHIP RESOURCES
Here are a few discipleship resources our elders recommend checking out this week.
- How To Pray When Your Soul Is Bone Dry - You know you ought to pray. You know that God invites and even commands you to pray. He loves to hear from you, loves to know you. Yet there are times when your soul feels bone dry, when even opening your mouth to pray seems an impossibility. What do you do?
- Enjoying God Is a Command - Enjoying God is a command, not an optional extra: “Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice” (Phil. 4:4). But how? We cannot “rejoice to order,” can we?
- Four Prayers for Personal Evangelism - Saving sinners is God’s delight, and it should be ours as well. But too often, we are fearful, shortsighted, and unmoved by the fact that billions of people are on their way to an eternal hell. We need God’s intervention to stir zeal in our hearts for evangelism. What follows are four simple prayers that ask God to help us join him in saving the lost.
Please read them and use them as discipleship opportunities to discuss with one another. You can also view an archive of recommended discipleship resources here.
HRF MINISTRY TEAM PREFERENCE FORM
“As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another, as good stewards of God’s varied grace:” (1 Peter 4:10, ESV)
There are many opportunities available to serve the family and visitors of HRF on Sunday mornings to display to others the way we have been served by Christ. Serving is also a great way to get connected and build relationships with your fellow members.
Please take a few minutes to let us know which ministry team(s) you would be willing to serve in. This information will help our Deacons utilize your gifts to best serve you and our church body.
You can fill out the form here.
HRF STUDENTS - BOWLING - NOV 17
HRF Students are going bowling! Any student in Grade 1-12 is invited to come and skate at Sparetimes on Saturday, November 17 from 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm. The cost is $5 per student and $2 for shoe rental. This is going to be a fun time for our students and we hope many are able to come!
Please RSVP your students here.
HRF NEW MEMBERS CLASS - DEC 2
HRF will be hosting a New Members class on December 2, 2018 from 1 pm - 4 pm. This class is an introduction to our church and the responsibilities of membership. Although it is required in order to become a member of HRF, in no way does participating in the class obligate you to join HRF. We also recommend that existing members attend this class once a year as a refresher on what membership involves in the life of HRF. Lunch and childcare will be provided.
Please RSVP here if you plan to attend.
DISCIPLESHIP GROUP TRAINING - DEC 9
Would you like to join a Discipleship Group but don't know where to begin? Would you like to lead a Discipleship Group but don't know what that looks like?
Many people desire to be discipled but have many questions and don't know where to start. This training will help you to feel more confident in beginning and/or being a part of a Discipleship Group. It will also provide you with the necessary tools to help you initiate a discipling relationship and/or be a part of one.
Bring your questions and let's spend some time together getting better equipped in our responsibility to disciple others! Lunch and childcare will be provided.
You can RSVP here.
HRF MEN'S RETREAT - MAR 21-23
We are excited to announce an opportunity to encourage us all as brothers in Christ together! In 2019, HRF will be hosting a Men's Retreat for the men of HRF.
The theme for the 2019 HRF Men's Retreat will be Honor One Another and should serve as an opportunity for us all to better understand the role we each play in our responsibilities towards loving one another with brotherly affection and outdoing one another in showing honor.
The deadline to register is March 1, 2019 but we ask that you register ASAP for planning purposes. You can register with a $50 deposit now and pay the remaining amount by March 1. If you have any further questions about this event, please contact Ben Slade at (423) 667-8939 or email@example.com.
You can RSVP here.
UPCOMING DATES TO REMEMBER
- October 28, 2018 - HRF Members Meeting
- November 17, 2018 - HRF Students - Bowling
- November 25, 2018 - HRF Corporate Prayer Meeting
- December 2, 2018 - HRF New Members Class
- December 9, 2018 - HRF Discipleship Group Training
- March 21-23, 2019 - HRF Men's Retreat