HRF Weekly Update - Jan 13, 2019
This Sunday, January 13, 2019, Pastor Tony will be preaching from Acts 12:20-25.
We encourage you to prepare for corporate worship by reading and praying through the text prior to the message on Sunday.
CORPORATE WORSHIP SONGS
Here are the songs we will be singing together this Sunday.
- Hear the Sound
- Psalm 34 (Taste and See)
- Give Me Faith
- Jesus Thank You
NEW CITY CATECHISM #2
Question: What is God?
Answer: God is the creator and sustainer of everyone and everything. He is eternal, infinite, and unchangeable in his power and perfection, goodness and glory, wisdom, justice, and truth. Nothing happens except through him and by his will.
Scripture Memory Verse: Psalm 86:8-10, 15
WEEKLY DISCIPLESHIP RESOURCES
Here are a few discipleship resources our elders recommend checking out this week.
- Emotions Make Terrible Gods - God gives us the wonderful gift of emotions to color life. He is a feeling God, and those made in his image are not robots. But while feelings are wonderful servants, they are terrible gods.
- Life Together Because We are Joined Together - We live life together because we are already joined together. May the Lord grant us the strength to do just that: prize the gift of our corporate union with Christ, then eagerly maintain it for the sake of gospel life and mission!
- How to Love One Another: Affirm, Share, and Serve - Here's how we can practically love one another.
Please read them and use them as discipleship opportunities to discuss with one another. You can also view an archive of recommended discipleship resources here.
HRF INSTITUTES BEGIN JAN 13
Starting Jan 13, we will begin offering classes during the Sunday morning hour from 10am -1045am.
Currently, grades 1-8 will be studying the New City Catechism in their student groups. Grades 9-12 and adults will be able to attend a class on Evangelism. Children from Kindergarten and below will be able to attend the NEST during this time.
Come join us as we study God's Word together on Sunday mornings!
FELLOWSHIP GROUPS WINTER 2019 ANNOUNCEMENT
We are excited to announce that Fellowship Groups will be resuming again the week of Jan 13, 2019. These groups will run from January through March 2019.
You can view the Winter 2018 Fellowship Groups available and sign up here.
HRF MEN'S RETREAT - MAR 21-23
We are excited to announce an opportunity to encourage us all as brothers in Christ together! In 2019, HRF will be hosting a Men's Retreat for the men of HRF.
The theme for the 2019 HRF Men's Retreat will be Honor One Another and should serve as an opportunity for us all to better understand the role we each play in our responsibilities towards loving one another with brotherly affection and outdoing one another in showing honor.
The deadline to register is March 1, 2019, but we ask that you register ASAP for planning purposes. You can register with a $50 deposit now and pay the remaining amount by March 1. If you have any further questions about this event, please contact Ben Slade at (423) 667-8939 or email@example.com.
You can RSVP here.
UPCOMING DATES TO REMEMBER
- January 13, 2019 - HRF Institutes Begins
- January 13, 2019 - HRF Fellowship Groups Begin
- January 27, 2019 - HRF Members Meeting
- February 24, 2019 - HRF Corporate Payer Meeting
- March 21-23, 2019 - HRF Men's Retreat