HRF Weekly Update - Sept 9, 2018
This Sunday, Sept 9, 2018, we will continue our sermon series, "Resolving Everyday Conflict". Tony Shepherd will be preaching from Romans 12:20-12:21 on "Overcome Evil With Good".
We encourage you to prepare for corporate worship by reading and praying through the text prior to the message on Sunday.
NEW CITY CATECHISM #36
Question: What do we believe about the Holy Spirit?
Answer: That he is God, coeternal with the Father and the Son, and that God grants him irrevocably to all who believe.
Scripture Memory Verse: John 14:16–17
WEEKLY DISCIPLESHIP RESOURCES
Here are a few discipleship resources our elders recommend checking out this week.
- Four Promises of Forgiveness - Through forgiveness, God tears down the walls that our sins have built, and he opens the way for a renewed relationship with him.
- The First Two Minutes Matter Most - In the first two minutes, visitors will feel either awkward or welcome. In the first two minutes, unbelievers will feel either rejected or accepted. In the first two minutes, the lonely will feel either neglected or comforted. In the first two minutes, so many people will make the decision to stay or to go.
- Don’t Trust the Peace in Your Heart - When an internal sense of peace becomes the ultimate rationale for decision-making, no one can question you. It’s the ultimate mic drop—akin to saying God told you to do something.
Please read them and use them as discipleship opportunities to discuss with one another. You can also view an archive of recommended discipleship resources here.
FALL 2018 FELLOWSHIP GROUP SIGN UPS
We are excited to announce that Fellowship Groups will be resuming again the week of Sept 9, 2018. These groups will run from September through November 2018.
A Fellowship Group is a formal group who commit to meet together regularly for the purpose of living and cultivating gospel community with one another (Acts 2:42-47). They are one of the best ways to experience formal gospel community and an opportunity to help facilitate discipling relationships with other members.
You can view the Fall 2018 Fellowship Groups available and sign up here.
HRF 5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY - EVIDENCES OF GRACE
This September, HRF will be celebrating its 5 Year Anniversary! We would love for you to share an Evidence of Grace on how God has used HRF as a means of grace in your life these last 5 years. You can submit your responses here.
These responses will be collected and shared with the church online to celebrate God's faithfulness to us these last 5 years!
UPCOMING DATES TO REMEMBER
- September 9, 2018 - Fall 2018 Fellowship Groups Begin
- September 30, 2018 - HRF Corporate Prayer Meeting
- October 28, 2018 - HRF Members Meeting