HRF Weekly Update - Sept 30, 2018
This Sunday, September 30, 2018, Pastor Tony will be preaching from Acts 6:1-15. We encourage you to prepare for corporate worship by reading and praying through the text prior to the message on Sunday.
NEW CITY CATECHISM #39
Question: With what attitude should we pray?
Answer: With love, perseverance, and gratefulness; in humble submission to God’s will, knowing that, for the sake of Christ, he always hears our prayers.
Scripture Memory Verse: Philippians 4:6
WEEKLY DISCIPLESHIP RESOURCES
Here are a few discipleship resources our elders recommend checking out this week.
- 8 Simple Ways to Pray For Your Church Today - Find time to pray, and particularly pray for these things for your church:
- 2 Reasons Christians Lose Their Joy (And What to Do about It) - Loss of joy in the Christian life can happen to anyone. Why does it happen and how does the gospel help us find our way back?
- Praying the “Big Four” Corporately - When you’re speaking to a waiter at a restaurant, you simply present requests. If you’re in the presence of someone you admire, you primarily heap compliments on them. Both responses speak to a shallow relationship. But God wants a deep relationship with his people—and the deeper the relationship, the more varied the communication.
Please read them and use them as discipleship opportunities to discuss with one another. You can also view an archive of recommended discipleship resources here.
CORPORATE PRAYER GATHERING THIS SUNDAY
On the last Sunday of the month, we gather for Corporate Prayer from 3-4pm. This is an opportunity for us to share evidences of grace, honor one another, and pray together as a church.
If you are a member, please make every effort to attend. All are welcome!
DONATIONS FOR HURRICANE FLORENCE
This Sunday, our 1st through 12th graders will be collecting donations outside their classroom doors starting at 2:30 pm (before Student Groups and Corporate Prayer). Elementary and High School classrooms are located upstairs on the Fellowship Kids Hallway and our Middle School classroom is located on the first floor next to the Fellowship Hall. You may drop off your donations to any of one these locations starting at 2:30 pm this Sunday.
We are looking to collect both gift cards to places such as Home Depot, Lowes, Walmart, gas stations, etc, and also any non-perishable food items such as canned meats, fruits, soups, vegetables; peanut butter and jelly, cereal and breakfast bars; bottled water and juices (no glass containers) and personal hygiene items.
If you have any questions, please feel free to email Erika Speight at firstname.lastname@example.org.
FALL 2018 FELLOWSHIP GROUP SIGN UPS
We are excited to announce that Fellowship Groups will be resuming again the week of Sept 9, 2018. These groups will run from September through November 2018.
A Fellowship Group is a formal group who commit to meet together regularly for the purpose of living and cultivating gospel community with one another (Acts 2:42-47). They are one of the best ways to experience formal gospel community and an opportunity to help facilitate discipling relationships with other members.
You can view the Fall 2018 Fellowship Groups available and sign up here.
UPCOMING DATES TO REMEMBER
- September 30, 2018 - HRF Corporate Prayer Meeting
- October 28, 2018 - HRF Members Meeting