HRF Weekly Update - Sept 23, 2018
This Sunday, Sept 23, 2018, we will be celebrating HRF's 5 Year Anniversary and installing our new elders. Pastor Miguel will be preaching from 1 Peter 5:1-4.
We encourage you to prepare for corporate worship by reading and praying through the text prior to the message on Sunday.
NEW CITY CATECHISM #38
Question: What is prayer?
Answer: Prayer is pouring out our hearts to God in praise, petition, confession of sin, and thanksgiving.
Scripture Memory Verse: Psalm 62:8
WEEKLY DISCIPLESHIP RESOURCES
Here are a few discipleship resources our elders recommend checking out this week.
- 8 Things to remember when it feels like the devil's winning - Sometimes it just feels like Satan’s winning the game. No matter how hard we want to believe otherwise, our heart and our mind struggle because of our apparent circumstances. If that’s the way you feel today, keep these truths in mind.
- How Prayer Exposes the Illusion of Control? - Prayer reminds us that control is an illusion, a farce. We don’t have it. But, far from driving us to depression, I think this fact drives us to dependence. When we depend on God, we see him in a whole new light. We’re reminded that the God that we serve is eager to do good to us.
- How does God speak To Us Today? - So Christian, if you want to know God’s will for you, you need to look to the Bible. God has given us his perfect will in his perfect Word.
Please read them and use them as discipleship opportunities to discuss with one another. You can also view an archive of recommended discipleship resources here.
FALL 2018 FELLOWSHIP GROUP SIGN UPS
We are excited to announce that Fellowship Groups will be resuming again the week of Sept 9, 2018. These groups will run from September through November 2018.
A Fellowship Group is a formal group who commit to meet together regularly for the purpose of living and cultivating gospel community with one another (Acts 2:42-47). They are one of the best ways to experience formal gospel community and an opportunity to help facilitate discipling relationships with other members.
You can view the Fall 2018 Fellowship Groups available and sign up here.
HRF 5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY COLLECTION
This September, HRF is celebrating its 5 Year Anniversary! You can view a collection of photos from the last five years here.
UPCOMING DATES TO REMEMBER
- September 30, 2018 - HRF Corporate Prayer Meeting
- October 28, 2018 - HRF Members Meeting