HRF Weekly Update - Oct 28, 2018
This Sunday, October 28, 2018, Pastor Tony will be preaching from Acts 8:25-40. We encourage you to prepare for corporate worship by reading and praying through the text prior to the message on Sunday.
NEW CITY CATECHISM #43
Question: What are the sacraments or ordinances?
Answer: The sacraments or ordinances given by God and instituted by Christ, namely baptism and the Lord’s Supper, are visible signs and seals that we are bound together as a community of faith by his death and resurrection. By our use of them the Holy Spirit more fully declares and seals the promises of the gospel to us.
Scripture Memory Verse: Romans 6:4, Luke 22:19–20
WEEKLY DISCIPLESHIP RESOURCES
Here are a few discipleship resources our elders recommend checking out this week.
- The Wonderful Accessibility of the Word - The accessibility of Scripture is a beautiful privilege. As stewards, we should not only be grateful but zealous in the pursuit of learning.
- Crossing the Finish Line - May God give us a holy seriousness about the nature of the Christian life, our need for endurance and the hope set before us because of the saving work of Jesus Christ; and, let’s together resolve to run, rather than crawl, across the finished line.
- What Happens When We Sing? - The Savior has rescued us that we might sing the song of the redeemed. May we sing it well. May we sing it constantly. May we sing it passionately. May we sing it for his glory and the advancing of his gospel until the time comes when our songs will never end.
Please read them and use them as discipleship opportunities to discuss with one another. You can also view an archive of recommended discipleship resources here.
HRF MEMBERS MEETING - OCT 28
Our next HRF Members Meeting will be October 28, 2018, at 3 pm. Members Meetings serve as a way we care for another and carry out our responsibilities as members of a local church. If you are a member of HRF, please make every effort to attend.
HRF STUDENTS - BOWLING - NOV 17
HRF Students are going bowling! Any student in Grade 1-12 is invited to come and skate at Sparetimes on Saturday, November 17 from 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm. The cost is $5 per student and $2 for shoe rental. This is going to be a fun time for our students and we hope many are able to come!
Please RSVP your students here.
HRF NEW MEMBERS CLASS - DEC 2
HRF will be hosting a New Members class on December 2, 2018 from 1 pm - 4 pm. This class is an introduction to our church and the responsibilities of membership. Although it is required in order to become a member of HRF, in no way does participating in the class obligate you to join HRF. We also recommend that existing members attend this class once a year as a refresher on what membership involves in the life of HRF. Lunch and childcare will be provided.
Please RSVP here if you plan to attend.
UPCOMING DATES TO REMEMBER
- October 28, 2018 - HRF Members Meeting
- November 17, 2018 - HRF Students - Bowling
- November 25, 2018 - HRF Corporate Prayer Meeting
- December 2, 2018 - HRF New Members Class