HRF Weekly Update - Oct 21, 2018
This Sunday, October 21, 2018, Pastor Miguel will be preaching from Acts 8:4-24. We encourage you to prepare for corporate worship by reading and praying through the text prior to the message on Sunday.
NEW CITY CATECHISM #42
Question: How is the Word of God to be read and heard?
Answer: With diligence, preparation, and prayer; so that we may accept it with faith, store it in our hearts, and practice it in our lives.
Scripture Memory Verse: 2 Timothy 3:16–17
WEEKLY DISCIPLESHIP RESOURCES
Here are a few discipleship resources our elders recommend checking out this week.
- Rejoice Always - Do you know what the shortest verse in the New Testament is? The obvious answer is John 11:35: “Jesus wept.” It is the shortest verse in our English translations of the Bible. But the shortest verse in the Greek New Testament is 1 Thessalonians 5:16: “Rejoice always.” It is a little verse with big implications.
- What "One Another" Means For Our Mission - Love of one another is the final apologetic to a dying culture. Jesus gives non-believers the right to know whether you or I or this church are believers based on their observance of our love for one another.
- 18 Prayers to Pray for Unbelievers - While we can and must pray for matters related to their lives and circumstances, the emphasis of our prayers must always be for their salvation. Here are some ways the Bible can guide our prayers.
Please read them and use them as discipleship opportunities to discuss with one another. You can also view an archive of recommended discipleship resources here.
HRF MEMBERS MEETING - OCT 28TH
Our next HRF Members Meeting will be October 28, 2018, at 3 pm.
Members Meetings serve as a way we care for another and carry out our responsibilities as members of a local church. If you are a member of HRF, please make every effort to attend.
HRF STUDENTS - BOWLING
HRF Students are going bowling! Any student in Grade 1-12 is invited to come and skate at Sparetimes on Saturday, November 17 from 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm. The cost is $5 per student and $2 for shoe rental. This is going to be a fun time for our students and we hope many are able to come!
Please RSVP here.
HRF NEW MEMBERS CLASS - DEC 2, 2018
HRF will be hosting a New Members class on December 2, 2018 from 1 pm - 4 pm.
This class is an introduction to our church and the responsibilities of membership. Although it is required in order to become a member of HRF, in no way does participating in the class obligate you to join HRF. We also recommend that existing members attend this class once a year as a refresher on what membership involves in the life of HRF. Lunch and childcare will be provided.
Please RSVP here if you plan to attend.
UPCOMING DATES TO REMEMBER
- October 28, 2018 - HRF Members Meeting
- November 17, 2018 - HRF Students - Bowling
- November 25, 2018 - HRF Corporate Prayer Meeting
- December 2, 2018 - HRF New Members Class