HRF Weekly Update - Oct 14, 2018
This Sunday, October 14, 2018, Pastor Tony will be preaching from Acts 7:54-8:3. We encourage you to prepare for corporate worship by reading and praying through the text prior to the message on Sunday.
NEW CITY CATECHISM #41
Question: What is the Lord’s Prayer?
Answer: Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name, your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us today our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Scripture Memory Verse: Matthew 6:9
WEEKLY DISCIPLESHIP RESOURCES
Here are a few discipleship resources our elders recommend checking out this week.
- 8 Ways to Battle ‘Comfort Idolatry’ - A Christianity that’s accessed only as it suits us, only when it’s comfortable and on our terms, is not really Christianity.
- Four Ways to Love a Disappointing Church - Like every group of people to ever come together, your church is flawed. But the church is not just another group of people. The church has a past, present, and future that far outshines all other institutions.
- Why All Christians Should Care about Biblical Theology - Biblical theology is crucial for the health of the church because the church is “built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets”. Additionally, this Word upon which the church is built is both living and life-giving.
Please read them and use them as discipleship opportunities to discuss with one another. You can also view an archive of recommended discipleship resources here.
HRF MEMBERS MEETING - OCT 28TH
Our next HRF Members Meeting will be October 28, 2018, at 3 pm.
Members Meetings serve as a way we care for another and carry out our responsibilities as members of a local church. If you are a member of HRF, please make every effort to attend.
HRF NEW MEMBERS CLASS - DEC 2, 2018
HRF will be hosting a New Members class on December 2, 2018 from 1 pm - 4 pm.
This class is an introduction to our church and the responsibilities of membership. Although it is required in order to become a member of HRF, in no way does participating in the class obligate you to join HRF. We also recommend that existing members attend this class once a year as a refresher on what membership involves in the life of HRF. Lunch and childcare will be provided.
Please RSVP here if you plan to attend.
UPCOMING DATES TO REMEMBER
- October 28, 2018 - HRF Members Meeting
- November 25, 2018 - HRF Corporate Prayer Meeting
- December 2, 2018 - HRF New Members Class