HRF Weekly Update - Nov 4, 2018
This Sunday, November 4, 2018, Pastor Miguel will be preaching from Acts 9:1-22. We encourage you to prepare for corporate worship by reading and praying through the text prior to the message on Sunday.
CORPORATE WORSHIP SONGS
Here are the songs we will be singing together this Sunday:
NEW CITY CATECHISM #44
Question: What is baptism?
Answer: Baptism is the washing with water in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit; it signifies and seals our adoption into Christ, our cleansing from sin, and our commitment to belong to the Lord and to his church.
Scripture Memory Verse: Matthew 28:19
WEEKLY DISCIPLESHIP RESOURCES
Here are a few discipleship resources our elders recommend checking out this week.
- Fighting Fear When It Comes to Sharing Your Faith - Not sure where to start? Remember what God has already started. God took the first step in promising and giving a Redeemer to save us from our sin which separates us from him. Starve all of the lies that feed your fears about evangelism. When you don’t know where to start in a conversation, remember who God is, what he has done, and what he will do.
- When Serving The Local Church Isn't Fun - Sometimes we will serve in capacities that we love and in doing so it requires little emotional sacrifice. Other times we are asked to serve in ways that require more of us. Yet even when it’s hard and tiring and not the thing you love, we can allow God to use it to transform our hearts and make us more like Him in the process.
- Together Again to Enjoy Him - Our God is the all-satisfying fountain of living waters (Jeremiah 2:13). When we seek to quench our deep soul-thirst in him, corporate worship becomes the stunning opportunity to gather together not just with fellow believers, but with fellow enjoyers of God.
Please read them and use them as discipleship opportunities to discuss with one another. You can also view an archive of recommended discipleship resources here.
HRF MINISTRY TEAM PREFERENCE FORM
“As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another, as good stewards of God’s varied grace:” (1 Peter 4:10, ESV)
Every member of a family should help in some way to set the table they eat together as a family from. There are many opportunities available to serve the family and visitors of HRF on Sunday mornings to display to others the way we have been served by Christ. Serving is also a great way to get connected and build relationships with your fellow members.
Please take a few minutes to let us know which ministry team(s) you would be willing to serve in. This information will help our Deacons utilize your gifts to best serve you and our church body.
You can fill out the form here.
HRF STUDENTS - BOWLING - NOV 17
HRF Students are going bowling! Any student in Grade 1-12 is invited to come and skate at Sparetimes on Saturday, November 17 from 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm. The cost is $5 per student and $2 for shoe rental. This is going to be a fun time for our students and we hope many are able to come!
Please RSVP your students here.
HRF NEW MEMBERS CLASS - DEC 2
HRF will be hosting a New Members class on December 2, 2018 from 1 pm - 4 pm. This class is an introduction to our church and the responsibilities of membership. Although it is required in order to become a member of HRF, in no way does participating in the class obligate you to join HRF. We also recommend that existing members attend this class once a year as a refresher on what membership involves in the life of HRF. Lunch and childcare will be provided.
Please RSVP here if you plan to attend.
DISCIPLESHIP GROUP TRAINING - DEC 9
Would you like to join a Discipleship Group but don't know where to begin?
Would you like to lead a Discipleship Group but don't know what that looks like?
Many people desire to be discipled but have many questions and don't know where to start. This training will help you to feel more confident in beginning and/or being a part of a Discipleship Group. It will also provide you with the necessary tools to help you initiate a discipling relationship and/or be a part of one.
Bring your questions and let's spend some time together getting better equipped in our responsibility to disciple others! Lunch and childcare will be provided.
You can RSVP here.
UPCOMING DATES TO REMEMBER
- October 28, 2018 - HRF Members Meeting
- November 17, 2018 - HRF Students - Bowling
- November 25, 2018 - HRF Corporate Prayer Meeting
- December 2, 2018 - HRF New Members Class
- December 9, 2018 - HRF Discipleship Group Training