HRF Weekly Update - Dec 16, 2018
This Sunday, December 16, 2018, Pastor Tony will be preaching from Acts 12:1-19.
We encourage you to prepare for corporate worship by reading and praying through the text prior to the message on Sunday.
CORPORATE WORSHIP SONGS
Here are the songs we will be singing together this Sunday.
- Your Glory (Nothing But the Blood)
- Be Still My Soul (In You I Rest)
- The Gospel Song
- Heaven & Earth
- Good Good Father
NEW CITY CATECHISM #47
Question: What does Christ’s resurrection mean for us?
Answer: Christ triumphed over sin and death by being physically resurrected, so that all who trust in him are raised to new life in this world and to everlasting life in the world to come. Just as we will one day be resurrected, so this world will one day be restored. But those who do not trust in Christ will be raised to everlasting death.
Scripture Memory Verse: 1 Thessalonians 4:13–14
WEEKLY DISCIPLESHIP RESOURCES
Here are a few discipleship resources our elders recommend checking out this week.
- Encourage One Another - In the hurricane of words that make up any given day, how do we walk in wisdom such that our words inject sanity, calm, and life rather than destruction? In two ways.
- 2 Easy Ways You Can Fit Daily Bible Time Into Your Busy Life - Time with the Bible is time well spent. How can you fit more Bible into the margins of your life this week?
- In All Circumstances? - Often, the most basic of God’s commands are the hardest for us to obey. If you find yourself in a place where you are having a hard time being thankful, meditate on these ten biblical truths.
Please read them and use them as discipleship opportunities to discuss with one another. You can also view an archive of recommended discipleship resources here.
HRF MINISTRY TEAM PREFERENCE FORM
“As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another, as good stewards of God’s varied grace:” (1 Peter 4:10, ESV)
There are many opportunities available to serve the family and visitors of HRF on Sunday mornings to display to others the way we have been served by Christ. Serving is also a great way to get connected and build relationships with your fellow members.
Please take a few minutes to let us know which ministry team(s) you would be willing to serve in. This information will help our Deacons utilize your gifts to best serve you and our church body.
You can fill out the form here.
HRF MEN'S RETREAT - MAR 21-23
We are excited to announce an opportunity to encourage us all as brothers in Christ together! In 2019, HRF will be hosting a Men's Retreat for the men of HRF.
The theme for the 2019 HRF Men's Retreat will be Honor One Another and should serve as an opportunity for us all to better understand the role we each play in our responsibilities towards loving one another with brotherly affection and outdoing one another in showing honor.
The deadline to register is March 1, 2019, but we ask that you register ASAP for planning purposes. You can register with a $50 deposit now and pay the remaining amount by March 1. If you have any further questions about this event, please contact Ben Slade at (423) 667-8939 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can RSVP here.
UPCOMING DATES TO REMEMBER
- January 27, 2019 - HRF Members Meeting
- February 24, 2019 - HRF Corporate Payer Meeting
- March 21-23, 2019 - HRF Men's Retreat