HRF Weekly Update - Aug 12, 2018
This Sunday, August 12, 2018, we will continue our sermon series, "Resolving Everyday Conflict". Pastor Tony will be preaching on "Glorify God" from 1 Corinthians 10:31.
We encourage you to prepare for corporate worship by reading and praying through the text prior to the message on Sunday.
NEW CITY CATECHISM #32
Question: What do justification and sanctification mean?
Answer: Justification means our declared righteousness before God, made possible by Christ’s death and resurrection for us. Sanctification means our gradual, growing righteousness, made possible by the Spirit’s work in us.
Scripture Memory Verse: 1 Peter 1:1–2
You can download the New City Catechism Mobile app here.
WEEKLY DISCIPLESHIP RESOURCES
- Conflict: When Desires Become Demands - Left unchecked, any desire has the potential to climb the stairs in an effort to overthrow and remove Jesus. When my desires remain submitted to Christ, my soul finds rest. Inner peace reigns.
- How To Rest Well - At the core of our exhaustion is a weary soul. Therefore, we need soul rest.
- Escaping The Burden Of Prayer - This liberating truth about prayer comes not by focusing on techniques but by understanding the joyous relationship we have with our heavenly Father through the Lord Jesus Christ.
HRF STUDENTS - ROLLERSKATING - AUG 11
The HRF Students ministry is kicking off this summer and we want to celebrate by spending an afternoon roller skating! Any student in Grade 1-12 is invited to come and skate at the Peninsula Roller Skate in Newport News on Saturday, August 11 from 2:00 pm to 4:30 pm.
HRF LABOR DAY BBQ - SEPT 3
This year HRF will be hosting a Labor Day BBQ at Sandy Bottom Nature Park in Hampton at the Lakeside Pavilion! Please feel free to bring family and friends for a time of fellowship and fun in the park. Bring blankets, chairs, outdoor games (Frisbee, etc.), and sunscreen/bug spray. We will eat around noon, and fellowship until sundown. Please sign up by Aug 31st and let us know what meal item you will bring.
Please sign up and let us know what you will be bringing here.
HRF ONLINE GIVING CHANGES
We have transitioned over to Planning Center Online (PCO) as our new online giving platform due to our old platform (Clover) shutting down at the end of August. Please take a moment to review the steps you need to complete in order to set up your HRF giving on our new platform here.
UPCOMING DATES TO REMEMBER
- Aug 11, 2018 - HRF Students - Rollerskating
- Aug 26, 2018 - HRF Prayer Meeting
- September 3, 2018 - HRF Labor Day BBQ